Major Functions of the Centre
- Capacity Building in ODL.
- Facilitate Collaboration between ODL institutions.
- Facilitate research in ODL in the region.
- Promote advocacy for Distance Education.
- Facilitate sharing of resources: materials,information and expertise.
- Nurture and support delivery of quality Distance Education.
To carry out its activities, SADC – CDE is supported by Botswana Ministry of Education and Skills Development, BOCODOL and COL. The Centre is responsible to a Board comprising: Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Zambia, Swaziland, SADC, COL, Distance Education Association of Southern Africa (DEASA) and SADC – CDE as the Secretariat.
Programmes / Courses
- Practitioner Research Evaluation & Skills Training (PREST)-BOCODOL
- Certificate in Distance Education for Practitioners (CDEP)-BOCODOL
- Post Graduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE)-IGNOU
- Masters of Arts in Distance Education (MADE) IGNOU
- Certificate in Gender in our Everyday Lives (University of Pretoria)
- Online Project Management-Calleam (Pty) Consulting- Canada
- e-learning Course for on-line course developers & tutors(Namibia Polytechnic)
- Quality Assurance(Open Polytechnic of New Zealand)